- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Garlic Recipe Video
|Garlic bulb||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 14 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.18 g0.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 484.9 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 0.69 g0.23%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.74%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0.12 g0.25%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Take a garlic bulb and remove its outer plastic cover as much as you can. Cut off the top 1/4th inch bulb. This is to ensure that most of the cloves are exposed.
3. Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over it.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Wrap this bulb in a foil and place it on a rimmed baking sheet, cookie sheet or a shallow baking dish.
6. Place this dish in the oven and roast it for around 45 minutes to an hour or until the garlic is golden brown and nice and creamy.
7. Remove from oven and let it cool.
8. Pop the garlic to get a paste which can be used in soup, salad dressing, pasta, hummus or just spread it on a bread.