- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Roast Eggplant Recipe Video
|Thyme sprigs||4 Medium|
Calories 46 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.4 g0.61%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 730.6 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 17.1%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedBaking sheet
1. Take an eggplant, cut it into half lengthwise. Using the tip of a knife, score the inside of the eggplant into a cross-hatch pattern. (You may make deep cuts but do not cut all the way down through the skin)
2. Open the cross-hatch slightly with one hand and using the other hand sprinkle salt so that it gets all the way in.
3. Once salted, let the eggplant sit, cut side up at room temperature for about 30 minutes, to draw out all the moisture.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, with a few thyme sprigs on it. Set aside.
5. After 30 minutes, take each salted half of the eggplant and gently squeeze to remove all the water, as shown in the video.
6. Using a paper towel, pat the eggplants dry. Place the eggplants, cut side down on top of the thyme sprigs on the lined baking sheet.
7. Place in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes.
8. Once done, remove from the oven and let the eggplants cool for at least 20 minutes before handling.
9. Serve as it is with a sprinkle of lemon juice or a drizzle of vinaigrette.