- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Roast Bacon, Cheddar & Piquillo Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers Recipe Video
|Bacon strip||1 , crisped, crushed|
|Piquillo||2 Tablespoon, roasted (1/2)|
|Shredded cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 83 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.2 mg
Sodium 270.6 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.1%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedRoasting pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Rinse peppers under cold water and pat it dry.
3. Cut off the top, cut the ribs and remove the seeds from pepper as shown in the video.
4. Peel skin from the tip of pepper.
5. In a large pot boil water, and drop pepper in it. Bring it back to a boil and take peppers out of the water. Place them on a roasting pan and allow it to cool.
6. Meanwhile, for stuffing, in a bowl combine piquillo, cheese, bacon, and paprika. Mix well.
7. Stuff generous amount of cheese mixture into the peppers.
8. Place roasting pan in oven and roast for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
9. Top peppers with more cheese and pop it back in oven for 3 minutes.
10. Serve roasted pepper hot with soup.