- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Roast a Perfect Chicken Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||1 , rinsed and pat dried|
|Rosemary sprigs||2 (Optional)|
|Sage leaves||2 (Optional)|
|Dry rub ingredients|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 832 Calories from Fat 516
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.1%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g81.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.2 mg
Sodium 4928.6 mg205.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 71 g141.8%
Vitamin A 52.5% Vitamin C 18%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedKitchen twine
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a bowl, mix together all the dry rub ingredients.
3. Remove the excess fat from the cavity and stuff with herbs.
4. Rub both sides of the chicken with dry rub mixture. Tie the chicken legs with kitchen twine.
5. Roast at 400F for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350F, flip the chicken and roast for another hour.
6. Carve into pieces and serve.