- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Arabic Salad Recipe Video
|Potato||2 Medium, chop|
|Carrots||1 Medium, chop|
|Mixed vegetable||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked tuna||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crush|
|For the dressing|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 646 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg
Sodium 626.6 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 29 g58.9%
Vitamin A 119.3% Vitamin C 43.5%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSalad bowl
1. Crush the garlic, cut the potatoes into cubes.
2. Cut the pita bread into small pieces
3. Cut the potatoes and carrots into bite size chunks.
4. In a bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper whisk well.
5. Preheat the oven.
6. In the steamer place the potatoes, carrots and mixed vegetables.
7. In a baking tray place the pita bread and season with olive oil and crushed garlic.
8. Bake for 5 minutes or until crispy.
9. In a salad bowl combine the potatoes, carrots and mixed vegetables, add the crispy pita bread and tuna.
10. Mix everything well, drizzle the dressing.
11. Serve the Healthy Arabic Salad along with your meal.