- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perfect Poached Egg Recipe Video
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Regular salt||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 5956.1 mg248.2%
Total Carbohydrates 0.82 g0.27%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.4% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a deep skillet heat the water. Add the vinegar and salt and mix. Bring water to a soft simmer.
2. Place your egg in a ramekin. Slowly add it to the pan. Allow egg to cook without touching it.
3. Gently make sure it is not sticking to the bottom of your pan.
4. Remove egg with slotted spoon. If using immediately, pat dry with a paper towel and use otherwise place egg in ice water to stop the cooking process.
5. To use it, reheat water and bring to a simmer again.
6. Gently place the cooked eggs into the hot water. Heat for a minute. Remove; pat dry with a paper towel and use.
7. On a serving plate, serve the poached egg on toast or as Egg Benedict.