- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Whole Wheat Pie Crust Recipe Video
|Whole wheat pastry flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweetner||3 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 518.5 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 5.4% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place all the dry ingredients.
2. Add olive oil, mix thoroughly until, pea sized crumbs form.
3. Add water, and knead to form a dough, add more water, if required.
4. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 400F.
6. Allow the dough to come at room temperature.
7. Dust the counter and the dough with some flour. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into an 11 to 12 inch disc.
8. In a pie crust pan,gently place the crust. Press the dough into the pan and along the sides.
9. Crimp the edges with your thumb or using a fork. Poke some holes over the crust.
10. Bake at 400 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
11. Use this crust for making pies of your choice.
If you are making the crust for a sweet preparation, add 3 tablespoons of sweetener to the dough.