- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Twice Baked Honey Orange Chipotle Sweet Potatoes Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||6 Medium, scrubbed|
|Cooking butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 125 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 645.8% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the sweet potatoes on a pan and bake for 1 hour.
3. Remove from oven and allow cooling – until cool enough to handle.
4. Melt the butter and honey together.
5. Carefully cut each baked potato in half.
6. Into a bowl scoop out the flesh being careful not to tear the skins.
7. Add the orange juice, orange zest, chipotle, cinnamon and melted butter and honey. Mix well.
8. Refill the potato skins with the mashed potatoes.
9. Place them back in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
10. In a serving plate, serve this hot with any main dish.