- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Style Turmeric Vermicelli Rice Recipe Video
|White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Arrowroot vermicelli||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in to medium pieces|
|Turmeric powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 489.6 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the rice and vermicelli and fry, stirring often, until vermicelli starts to brown.
3. Add the turmeric and mix well. Add the water and season with salt.
4. Bring rice to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
5. Simmer for 20 minutes until liquid dries up and rice is cooked.
6. Fluff with a fork, serve and enjoy!