- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Culinary Carrie: How To Make Turkey Stock Recipe Video
|Turkey carcass||800 Gram|
|Water||500 Milliliter (or more as needed)|
|Carrots||1 , dice|
|Celery stalks||2 , dice|
|Onion||1 Medium, dice|
|Bouquet garni||100 Gram (bay leaf, parsley and black peppercorns)|
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 82.7 mg
Sodium 1063.5 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 31 g61.2%
Vitamin A 41.4% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedStock Pot
1. Dice the carrots, celery stalk and onions, keep it aside.
2. Make a bouquet garni of bay leaf, parsley and black peppercorns, wrap it in a cheese cloth and tie it up with a twine.
3. In large pot pour cold water add the turkey carcass along with the carrots, celery stock, onions and bouquet garni.
4. Bring it up to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 3 hours, timely skim the stock for any fat which collects on the surface.
5. After 3 hours strain the content and turkey stock is ready to use.
4. Serve it as a base for your soup or any turkey dishes.