- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Casserole from Scratch Recipe Video
|Mushroom||6 Large, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, dice|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tuna||2 Can (20 oz), drained|
|Roasted red pepper/Pimento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (extra old)|
|4 cheese italian cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Creole seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Breadcrumb||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 963 Calories from Fat 385
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.4%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.8 mg
Sodium 1250.1 mg52.1%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 72 g144.5%
Vitamin A 105.3% Vitamin C 33.2%
Calcium 82.2% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2. In a non-stick pan, add mushroom, and onion. Sauté.
3. Throw thyme, sea salt, and black pepper in it.
4. Put butter and flour. Stir to make a roux.
5. Pour chicken stock and milk.
6. Insert peas, tuna, red pepper, and cheese. Stir well.
7. Add hot sauce and Creole seasoning to it. Mix.
8. In a large pan, boil water, and add macaroni in it. Cook for 5 minutes or until al dente.
9. Drain macaroni and put it back into the pan.
10. Pour tuna sauce on it. Mix it well.
11. In a greased casserole dish pour the mixture.
12. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
13. Pop it in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
14. Serve tuna casserole with tossed salad, and fresh ripe tomato slices.