- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Traditional German Christmas Cookies Recipe Video
|Flour||250 Gram, sieved|
|Icing sugar||80 Gram|
|Butter||160 Gram, cut in thin slices|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Egg yolks||2 Large, mixed with 5 tablespoons milk (for egg wash)|
|Warm water||2 Teaspoon (For Topping)|
|Chocolate glaze||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2699 Calories from Fat 1320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g231%
Saturated Fat 89.4 g447.1%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 899.3 mg299.8%
Sodium 394.7 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 290 g96.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 94.6 g
Protein 34 g68.6%
Vitamin A 92.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 13.5% Iron 71.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 356 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour and icing sugar. Beat well till a fluffy mixture is formed.
3) Add the butter, egg yolk, salt and rum. Stir well till the batter is of the right consistency.
4) Shape the batter or dough into cookie shapes of preference.
5) Lightly grease a baking tray and arrange the cookies on it. Coat with the egg wash.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
7) Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool while still on the tray.
8) Carefully remove the cookies from the tray and arrange on a serving dish. Mix together the icing and warm water and use the mixture as a topping. Chocolate glaze can also be used to top the cookies with as preferred.
9) Serve the Christmas cookies as and when preferred.