- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Day Turkey Recipe Video
|Turkey||10 Pound, thawed|
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Carrot||2 , cut into thirds|
|Celery stalk||2 , cut into thirds|
|Fresh sage||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, softened|
Calories 1009 Calories from Fat 472
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g80.9%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 432.4 mg
Sodium 1894.9 mg79%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 118 g235.7%
Vitamin A 73.5% Vitamin C 24.2%
Calcium 23.5% Iron 57.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
2. Thaw turkey, and remove neck and giblets. Rinse and pat turkey dry.
3. Stuff turkey with onion, carrot, celery, sage, thyme, and rosemary.
4. Rub butter all over the turkey. Run finger and separate turkey skin. Apply butter under the skin.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Also season some of the inside stuffing.
6. In a plastic bag, put some flour. Shake and coat it evenly, and discard excess. Drop prepared turkey in the bag, and seal it nice and tight. Make some holes in the bag for steam to escape.
7. In a roasting pan, place the turkey. Insert a digital thermometer into the thigh.
8. Pop the pan in oven and roast turkey for 2 hours.
9. After 2 hours, turn up the oven to 425 degree and roast for additional 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
10. Remove turkey from the oven and let it rest for 15- 20 minutes before carving.
11. Carve turkey and serve it hot with gravy.
Reserve and prepare turkey stock with turkey neck later.
For large turkey, stuff more vegetables as per your choice.
For 10 pound turkey you need to roast for 2 hours but if your turkey is bigger in size then for each additional pound roast for another 15 minutes per pound.
Reserve turkey drippings for preparing turkey gravy.