- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken Recipe Video
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR SAUCE)|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon (FOR SAUCE)|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon (FOR SAUCE)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR SAUCE)|
|Creamy peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR SAUCE)|
|Chicken breast tenderloins||8 Medium, cut into strips 2 inches long|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped (FOR MARINADE)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon, divided (1- MARINADE; 2- PASTA)|
|Fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon, grated, divided (1- MARINADE; 1- PASTA)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced, divided (2- MARINADE; 4- PASTA)|
|Pasta||12 Ounce (any kind)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, cut into strips 2 inches long (FOR PASTA)|
|Snow peas||10 Large, sliced (FOR PASTA)|
|Scallions (green and white)||6 Medium, chopped|
Calories 629 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2477.2 mg103.2%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.4%
Sugars 23.7 g
Protein 18 g36.6%
Vitamin A 116.9% Vitamin C 41.4%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
2. MARINADE: In a bowl put sesame oil, cilantro, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Place the chicken in the marinade bowl, mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
4. SAUCE: Whisk all the ingredients well and set aside.
5. PASTA: Cook 12 ounce of pasta – spaghetti or linguini or fettuccine – drain and set aside
6. Heat a skillet with some sesame oil until hot.
7. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
8. Wipe the skillet and add more sesame oil.
9. Put the carrots and the snow peas. Sauté them for a couple minutes.
10. Add the scallions, garlic and ginger. Mix well and sauté, stirring often, for about 6 minutes.
11. Return the chicken to the pan and mix well.
12. Put the cooked pasta and the sauce. Toss to coat well. Cook for about 3 minutes.
13. In a serving plate or bowl, serve the noodles as it is and enjoy.