- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tempura Shrimp Recipe Video
|Tempura batter mix||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shrimp||1⁄4 Pound, devein|
|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
Calories 475 Calories from Fat 376
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.4%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.7 mg
Sodium 70.9 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 0.63%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a ceramic bowl in refrigerator.
2. Put ice cubes in the cup of cold water.
3. Take the ceramic bowl out of the refrigerator, and pour the cold water in it.
4. Throw tempura batter mix, and stir until smooth. Pop it in refrigerator.
5. In the meantime, devein and score the mid section of the shrimp as shown in the video.
6. Take batter out of the refrigerator. Grab shrimp by the tail, dip it in batter and swirl to coat well.
7. In a deep frying pan, heat oil and drop coated shrimp in it. Repeat. Do not over crowd the pan.
8. Turn occasionally, and cook until lightly brown.
9. Remove from pan and place shrimp on a paper towel.
10. Roll tempura shrimp in sushi, cut into slices and serve with spicy sauce.