- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||3 Cup (48 tbs), mashed (about 6 large ones)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||2 Medium, beaten|
|Butter||142 Gram, melted, divided (½ cup + 2 tablespoon)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped, with juices|
Calories 770 Calories from Fat 369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.2%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g101.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.2 mg
Sodium 109.9 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g21%
Sugars 63.1 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 339.8% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter a 13×9 ovenproof dish.
3. Place the mashed sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add the milk, honey, eggs, ½ cup butter and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Spread the sweet potatoes into the ovenproof dish.
5. In another bowl, mix the brown sugar with the flour, pecans and remaining 2 Tbs. butter.
6. Evenly spread the topping over the sweet potato.
7. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
8. Broil for 5 extra minutes until topping is nice and brown.
9. In a serving plate, slice and serve it with any spicy meat of choice.