- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Boneless Pork Recipe Video
|Lean boneless pork||2 Pound, bite size pieces|
|Asian flavor boost||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pineapple tidbits with juice||20 Ounce (1 tin)|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sriracha chili sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|To form a slurry|
|Peanut oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed)|
|For asian flavor boost|
|Fresh garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh minced ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1936 Calories from Fat 1437
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 161 g247.9%
Saturated Fat 33.3 g166.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.5 mg
Sodium 5524.9 mg230.2%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 39.9 g
Protein 50 g99.3%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, combine all the flavor boost ingredients and mix well.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together Asian flavor boost and pork. Cover the bowl and let it marinate for 8 hours or overnight.
3. Drop ½ cup of cornstarch in the bowl and mix until the pork pieces are coated well.
4. In a small bowl, add cornstarch and water. Mix well to form slurry.
5. Line a baking sheet with paper towel and set aside.
6. Place a wok on flame and heat peanut oil in it until it reaches 375 degree F.
7. Drop pork pieces in hot oil, about 8 pieces at a time and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through, turning frequently. On the baking sheet place the fried pork pieces and set aside.
8. For sauce, in a large pan combine pineapple tidbits and juice with ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha, and cornstarch slurry.
9. Place the pan on flame, stir and bring it to a boil. Cook until it thickens.
10. Drop fried pork pieces in the pan and continue to cook over medium flame until heated through.
11. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top and serve pork hot.
You can prepare the flavor boost ahead of time and use it in many Asian style dishes like meatballs, stir fries, soup, and lettuce wrap.