- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Authentic Sushi Rice Recipe Video
|Short grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.29 g0.45%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 485.3 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.3% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Drain all water one last time from the rice bowl then add 1.5 cups of water. You want a 1:1 rice to water ratio, meaning every cup of rice needs 1 cup of water to cook.
3) Transfer rice bowl to a rice cooker and press cook. For pot directions: Cook the rice by boiling then simmering rice till water evaporates completely.
4) While rice is cooking, lets make vinegar solution. You will need to add 3 tablespoons vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, and a half to one teaspoon of salt. Mix everything in a pot and heat up. Stir the solution until the sugar is dissolved. You can also resort to the microwave to heat up the vinegar solution. Just make sure the sugar gets dissolved.
5) When the rice is ready, transfer the rice into a wooden tub if possible, otherwise any bowl will do.
6) Pour the sushi vinegar over the hot rice and with a cutting motion, mix the rice and vinegar together thoroughly.
For storage, keep a moist towel over the bowl of rice. DO NOT REFRIDGERATE. You must use all the rice within the day.