- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Su Jung Gwa - Korean Dessert Recipe Video
|Ginger||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, sliced|
|Water||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 31.5 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 49.2 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.97%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the cap like stems from the dried persimmon. Wash them and set aside.
2. Remove the pointed part of the pine nuts to expose a small hole. Set aside.
3. In a large pot, put ginger and cinnamon sticks. Pour water and bring it to boil on high heat. Let it boil for around 20 minutes.
4. Lower the heat and continue to simmer for around 25 minutes. Add the sugar and let it melt completely.
5. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
6. In a large bowl, pour the cooled juice. Add the persimmon. Cover with a plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
7. In a serving bowl, put a persimmon. Pour the juice generously, add ice cubes and serve it chilled garnished with the pine nuts.