- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Japanese Skewered Tofu Dango Recipe Video
|Glutinous rice flour||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100g)|
|Soft silken tofu||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100g, You can substitute Firm Tofu for Silken Tofu.)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust quantity as required)|
|Kinako||2 Tablespoon (soybean flour)|
|Black sesame||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.51 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 169.5 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.4% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add sugar to soy bean flour.
2. Mix well.
1. Grind black sesame seeds until smooth.
2. Add sugar and mix well.
1. To make dough tofu dumplings, add glutinous rice and tofu in a bowl and mix well with hand.
2. If the dough is stiff add a little water.
3. Knead until dough is smooth.
4. Divide the dough in 3 equal pieces and then divide each in 3 pieces.
5. Shape each piece into a ball.
6. Gently place the dumplings in a large pot of boiling water.
7. Boil for 1-2 minutes until the dumplings floats on the surface.
8. Immerse the dumpling immediately in cold water and drain well.
9. Skew 3 dumplings in a skewer and coat with sesame powder.
10. Skew 3 dumplings in a skewer and coat with soybean powder.
SWEET SOY SAUCE
1. In a pot, add mirin, sugar and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
2. Mix well and try to burn the sauce. Lift the pot to adjust the heat.
3. Coat the dumpling with sweet soy sauce.