- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp in Tomato and Basil Sauce Recipe Video
|Shrimp||1 Pound, peeled, deveined|
|White onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped finely|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce, diced (1 can with their juice)|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||28 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg
Sodium 810 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 29 g57.7%
Vitamin A 47.5% Vitamin C 76%
Calcium 21.9% Iron 44.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the olive oil and add the onion. Cook it until it is translucent and softened – about 7 to 8 minutes.
2. Add the oregano and diced tomatoes and juice. Let the tomatoes cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the fennel seeds and the tomato sauce and water. Add the salt, pepper and sugar. Mix well and simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes – until shrimp is opaque and pink. Do not overcook because the shrimp will become rubbery.
5. Turn off the heat and add the basil. Mix in.
6. On a serving plate, serve with polenta, rice or mashed potatoes.