- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Fajitas Recipe Video
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, cut into thin slices|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, cut into thin slices|
|White onion||1 Large, cut into thin slcies|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Canola oil/Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, peeled, deveined|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Tortillas||2 Medium, heated (FOR SERVING)|
|Red rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (FOR SERVING)|
|Chunky guacamole||2 Tablespoon (FOR SERVING)|
|Refried beans||2 Tablespoon (FOR SERVING)|
|Pico de gallo||1 Tablespoon (FOR SERVING)|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.1 mg
Sodium 540.6 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 20.1% Vitamin C 99.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. Heat a large skillet until hot. Pour 2 tablespoon oil and swirl in pan.
3. Add the peppers and onions to cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are soft but still crisp. This should take about 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overcook the vegetables and make them soggy.
4. Season with salt and mix. Set the veggies aside.
5. To the same skillet add remaining oil. Put the garlic to cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the shrimp, lime juice and chopped cilantro and mix well. Cook until the shrimp starts turning pink for about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimp as it will make it rubbery. Return the veggies to the skillet and heat through.
7. In a serving plate, serve the fajita with heated tortillas, red rice, refried beans, pico de gallo and chunky guacamole.