- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to make Shrimp Cocktail Ecua style (ceviche) Recipe Video
|Shrimp||280 Gram, peeled, deveined (retain the shell)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, thinly sliced|
|Lime||3 Small, juiced|
|Orange||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ketchup||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.9 mg
Sodium 302.9 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 53.4% Vitamin C 59.7%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. BROTH: In a pot, pour water and add the retained shells.
2. Bring it to boil and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Strain the liquid and discard the shells. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, put the sliced onions and pour the lime juice, mix and set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
6. In the pot, pour the strained broth and add the cleaned shrimps.
7. Bring it to boil and cook till it turns pink (do not overcook).
8. In a bowl, add the shrimp with the broth.
9. Add the marinated onions and the lime juice, tomatoes, cilantro, orange juice, vegetable oil and ketchup (if using).
10. Season with salt and stir to mix well.
11. In a serving bowl, serve the ceviche with crispy bread or as it is.