- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauerkraut Recipe Video
|Cabbage||1 Small, sliced finely|
|White vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 70 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.9%
Saturated Fat 0.51 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 980.2 mg40.8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 0.8 g1.6%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 38.1%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a braising pan with vegetable oil.
2. Put the cabbage and fry until wilted and light brown.
3. Add the sugar and mix. Put the peppercorns.
4. Cover with vinegar and season with salt. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
5. Cover and braise for about 1 1/2 hours until liquid is almost dried up.
6. In a serving plate, serve with hot dogs or Kielbasa and mashed potatoes.