- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon with Thai Curry Sauce Recipe Video
|Salmon filets||2 (with the skin on)|
|Thai red curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked jasmine rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 , chopped|
|Yellow squash||1 Medium, chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , chopped|
|Kaffir lime leaves||1 , slivered|
Calories 777 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.2 mg
Sodium 1089.6 mg45.4%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 59 g117.1%
Vitamin A 60.4% Vitamin C 90.8%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add the Thai red curry paste, Thai fish sauce and coconut milk. Whisk ingredients until smooth to avoid lumps of curry paste.
2. Place marinade in a shallow casserole or baking dish.
3. Add the salmon filets skin side up and marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Remove salmon fillets from marinade and place over lettuce leaves in a steamer, flesh side up.
5. Cover the fish with remaining Thai curry marinade.
6. Add cooked jasmine rice and fresh vegetables to second layer of steamer.
7. Fill frying pan with one inch of water, bring to a boil.
8. Fit steamer over frying pan, steam for about 5 minutes.
8. Garnish the salmon fillet with few pieces of slivered kaffir lime leaf. Serve hot with rice and vegetables.
Vegetables should be crisp and juicy, rice should be fluffy but not gummy, and the salmon filet should be steamed through and infused with a spicy, creamy curry flavor.