- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salad Greens with Cranberries Walnuts and Apples Recipe Video
|Lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs), washed, dried (preferable Bib)|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Apples||2 Medium, cored, chopped|
|Celery stalk||2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttermilk dressing||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 0.65 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 84 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 65.4% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place ½ a cup of walnuts in a 350 degree oven.
2. Toast for about 10 minutes making sure to constantly shake the pan. Be careful not to burn them! Cool them down completely.
3. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
4. In a large bowl put all of your ingredients one by one.
5. Add buttermilk dressing. Toss well to coat all.
6. In a serving plate or bowl, serve this salad either as an appetizer or as a side for choice of meat.