- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Rum Marinated Braised Chicken Recipe Video
|To marinate the chicken|
|Chicken drumsticks||12 Medium|
|Chicken thighs||12 Medium|
|Chopped chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rum||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, minced|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Rest of the ingredients|
|Oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Mushrooms||8 Large, sliced|
|Pimentos||2 , chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||3 Medium|
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 129.3 mg
Sodium 896.4 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 34 g68.4%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 30.2%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add the 12 chicken drumsticks and 12 chicken thighs.
2. Put in about 1/4 cup chopped chives, 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 cup soy sauce, a cup of rum and minced garlic cloves.
3. Season with some pepper to taste, toss well so that all the flavors get into all the pieces of chicken.
4. Cover, let the chicken marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
5. Heat a pot, with oil. Add brown sugar and let it melt.
6. Add the marinated chicken (reserve the marinade for later) into the pot, let it brown well on all sides.
7. Once well browned, remove the chicken and set them aside.
8. Into the same pot, add onions and cook them for about 8 minutes in the oil and sugar that's left in the pot.
9. Add the sliced mushrooms, let it cook for a few minutes.
10. Add the pimentos and stir well to cook.
11. Add the chicken, left over marinade and a cup of water.
12. Add a few sprigs of fresh thyme, spread them around the pot.
13. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer on really low heat for about 60 minutes.
14. After an hour, take a little of the simmering sauce in a bowl, mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch, and add it back to the sauce.
15. Stir, bring it back to a boil, to thicken the gravy and the dish is ready to be served. (Remove the twigs of thyme before serving)
16. Serve with mashed potatoes, sauteed asparagus and sun dried tomatoes.