- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Recipe Video
|Tomatillo||18 Medium, husked, washed|
|White onion||1 Medium, cut into 4|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled|
|Jalapeno||2 Medium, cut in half (with membrane and seeds)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 0.54 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 976.5 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 45.1%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a dry skillet place the tomatillos, onion, garlic and chili peppers. Cook the vegetables until charred on all sides. Don’t burn them but roast them well.
2. In a food processor or blender put the roasted vegetable and process until all smooth.
3. Return the salsa to the skillet and add a little canola or vegetable oil.
4. Simmer salsa for about 30 minutes. Add cumin and salt. Mix well. Turn off the heat and add chopped cilantro.
5. Cool down completely
6. In a serving bowl serve this salsa with tacos, fajita or in burritos or enjoy them with nachos and tortilla chips.