- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to make Ricotta Cheese Recipe Video
|Whole milk||1⁄2 Gallon|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1337 Calories from Fat 584
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.9%
Saturated Fat 35.3 g176.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.2 mg
Sodium 756.9 mg31.5%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 99.5 g
Protein 79 g158.1%
Vitamin A 38.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 213.8% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needfine wire mesh
1. In a saucepan, combine milk and buttermilk.
2. Put the saucepan over medium low heat and allow it to heat up until it reaches the temperature of 105 F stirring constantly.
3. Once it reaches 105 F, stop stirring and let it heat.
4. Let it reach the temperature of 160 to 175 F, so it starts separating.
5. Once it reaches 175 to 180 F, take the pan off the heat.
6. Using a ladle, scoop out the cheese solid and put it in a double folded cheese cloth place over a sieve on a pot.
7. Bring the edges of the cheese cloth together and tie it using a piece of thread.
8. Tie the bundle over the kitchen faucet or over a pot so the whey can run down, leave it to drain for 15 minutes.
9. After 15 minutes, remove the bundle, untie the threads and place the cheese in a air tight container.
10. The cheese can be kept in refrigerator for about a week.
11. Use it as desired.