- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quinoa with Roasted Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Quinoa grain||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Tablespoon (or 20 fresh thyme sprigs)|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 867.6 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 13 g26.1%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 23.4%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 41.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the tomatoes in a roasting pan.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, add salt, thyme and black pepper. Roll tomatoes around to coat them completely.
4. Place in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven and add Balsamic vinegar and sugar. Shake pan to coat the tomatoes.
6. Return pan to oven and cook for an extra 20 minutes.
7. Remove tomatoes from pan and toss around to coat well.
8. In a serving plate, serve the tomatoes on top of steamed quinoa or couscous.
Check on the box and see if the quinoa being used has been pre-rinsed, otherwise rinse it thoroughly before cooking.