- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Steak Salad Recipe Video
|Torn romaine lettuce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Small, sliced|
|Yellow pepper||1 , halved, grilled and cut into strips|
|Beef flank steak||1 Pound, grilled, sliced|
|Natural 2% milk colby||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Kraft)|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
|Light zesty italian dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Kraft)|
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.5 mg
Sodium 673.2 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.3%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 37 g74.2%
Vitamin A 49.2% Vitamin C 106.6%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Top with tomatoes, peppers, meat and cheese.
3) Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
- How to Grill the Yellow Pepper: Cut pepper lengthwise in half. Brush lightly with small amount of the Italian dressing. Add to grill along with the steak. Grill 6 to 8 min. or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Cut into strips, then use as directed.
- How to Slice Steak for Tenderness: The key to tender delicious flank steak is in the slicing! Using a sharp knife, cut the cooked steak across the grain into thin strips.
- Serve with 2 toasted 1/2-inch-thick slices multi-grain baguette.