- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Pumpkin Puree at Home- Pressure Cooker Recipe Video
|Pie pumpkin/Sugar pumpkin||1|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or as needed)|
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.7 mg
Sodium 194.2 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 57.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.3% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPressure cooker
1. Cut the stem of pumpkin, then cut in half and remove the seeds and fiber . Reserve the seeds to roast.
2. In pressure cooker, pour water about 1-inch way up and place a plate on top.
3. Place the pumpkin halves cut side down over the plate. Cover and cook until 1 whistle comes over medium flame. You can also bake in oven at 375 degree F for 30-40 minutes.
4. Remove the pumpkin from cooker, peel and discard the skin. Put the cooked pumpkin in processor and blend well.
5. Prepare soup or pie and serve.