- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to make Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe Video
|Potato||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bacon||3⁄10 Pound, diced|
|White flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Asiago cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Onion||1 , diced|
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 23 g114.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.2 mg36.4%
Sodium 614.6 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 20 g40.5%
Vitamin A 25.6% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 54.8% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. Heat a pan on high over stove. Add in the 4 tbsp. butter and melt.
3. Add in the bacon and sauté for few minutes.
4. Add in the onion and sauté for few minutes. Followed by garlic and thyme, cook for 1 minute.
5. Pour in the milk and add in the flour, whisk with the help of whisker.
6. Add in half of the asiago cheese and cheddar cheese. Whisk well.
7. When sauce starts to boil season with salt.
8. In an Au Gratin dish pour in the sauce and spread with the ladle. Top it with the potatoes and repeat the layer until dish is full.
9. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
10. Take out the Au Gratin from the oven and top with remaining cheese. Turn the oven to Broiler and broil for 5 minutes.
11. Serve Potato Au Gratin with red wine and enjoy!