- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Tacos Recipe Video
|Corn tortillas||12 Small|
|Russet potato||4 Medium, peeled|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Gram (1 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon for salsa)|
|Ripe tomato||4 1⁄2 Medium, peeled (3-medium + 1-large)|
|Cilantro sprigs||6 Medium, stems removed|
|Chili pepper||2 Large, seeded|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (Cotija, Queso Fresco, Panela)|
|Green cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced finely|
|Radish||6 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Lime||1 Small, juiced (or 1/2 large)|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.9 mg
Sodium 102.4 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 76.7%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the potatoes in some salted water. Drain and place in a bowl.
2. Mash potatoes and add butter, garlic powder and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In blender put tomatoes, chili peppers, cilantro and water. Season with salt and add cumin powder. Blend and set aside.
4. In a bowl combine the cabbage, diced tomatoes and radishes. Add the lime juice. Season with salt. Set aside.
5. Heat a deep skillet with about 2 inches deep of oil. Heat until oil is very hot.
6. While the oil is heating, place a tortilla in front. Smear half of the tortilla with the mashed potatoes. Fold tortilla over.
7. Place the tortilla in the hot oil. Cook until tortilla is crisp and browned for about 3 minutes. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate.
8. In a serving plate, serve the tacos topped with grated cheese, salsa and cabbage salad.