- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chow Mein Recipe Video
|Pork loin||3⁄4 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon (FOR MARINADE)|
|Fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon, grated (FOR MARINADE)|
|Oyster sauce||6 Teaspoon (4-MARINADE; 2- SAUCE)|
|Soy sauce||3 Teaspoon (2-MARINADE; 1- SAUCE)|
|Sesame oil||4 Teaspoon (2-MARINADE; 2- SAUCE)|
|Sugar||3 Teaspoon (1-MARINADE; 2- SAUCE)|
|Corn starch||5 Teaspoon (2-MARINADE; 3- SAUCE)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/4-MARINADE; 1/4- SAUCE)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (FOR SAUCE)|
|Dried shittake mushrooms||5 Medium, soaked, chopped|
|Capellini noodles||16 Ounce, cooked, drained|
|Peanut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Carrots||2 Medium, julienned|
|Scallions (green and white)||2 Medium, chopped finely|
Calories 864 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.3%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 58 mg
Sodium 653.2 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 37 g73.4%
Vitamin A 103.6% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. FOR MARINADE: In a bowl mix all the ingredients except for the pork. Whisk well.
2. Place pork strips in a bowl. Pour marinade on pork and toss to coat well. Marinade for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
3. FOR THE SAUCE: Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk well. Set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet with 2 tablespoon of peanut oil. Heat until oil starts to smoke.
5. Add the noodles to the skillet and cook for about 6 minutes or until bottom starts to brown. Flip noodles and cook for another 6 minutes.
6. While noodles are cooking – heat a wok style pan or skillet with the remaining peanut oil.
7. When the oil is really hot, add the ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
8. Add the pork and its marinade to the pan. Stir. Cook for about 6 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
9. Add the carrots, mushrooms and scallions to the pork. Mix well.
10. Form a well in the middle of your pan and add the reserved chicken stock and cornstarch liquid.
11. Mix well and bring to a boil. Stir until sauce is thick.
12. Pour the cooked pork on the crisp noodles.
13. In a large serving bowl, serve the Chow-Mein hot.