- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pickled Shrimp Recipe Video
|To prepare shrimp for pickling|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pickling spice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2377 Calories from Fat 1172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 133 g203.9%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1378.9 mg
Sodium 6285.7 mg261.9%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 29.8 g119.3%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 190 g380.4%
Vitamin A 64.4% Vitamin C 157.6%
Calcium 76.7% Iron 171.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy pot with a lid, combine the celery, bay leaves, peppercorns and salt. Add water bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add the shrimp; re-cover the pot and bring stock back to a boil.
2. Lower heat and simmer 3 minutes or until pink.
3. Remove from heat and uncover. Let shrimp cool in the stock.
4. When cool enough to handle, peel shrimp, returning to the stock until ready to pickle the shrimp.
5. For Pickling, in large bowl, place a layer of boiled shrimp. On top, place 4 bay leaves and half of the slices of one onion. Continue doing this, layer upon layer, until all shrimp are used.
6. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the shrimp.
7. Cover bowl and set aside, stirring occasionally.
8. After 12 hours, taste shrimp and adjust seasoning. If too tart, add more sugar.
9. Serve arranged on a serving platter or bowl.