- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pear Sauce Recipe Video
|Pear||10 Medium, peeled, cored, and sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (as required)|
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.37 g0.56%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.1 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.6%
Sugars 31.6 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel, core, and roughly slice the pears.
2) In a heavy bottom pot, place the pears.
3) Add water, cinnamon and sugar, if using.
4) Cover and cook over a low heat for about 1 hour.
5) With a hand blender, puree the sauce to desired consistency.
6) Pear sauce is perfect for preserving in the freezer, or in sealer jars. Use as required.