- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Pastry Cream Recipe Video
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hot|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1378 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.9%
Saturated Fat 24.7 g123.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1012.1 mg
Sodium 183.5 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 213 g70.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 168.8 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 40.5% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 49.6% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place egg yolks and sugar, beat for about 4 minutes until the consistency is creamy. Add cornstarch, beat until well accommodated.
2. While still beating, add hot milk a ladle full at a time. Transfer to a pot.
3. On low heat, stirring constantly, bring to a boil. The mixture will start curdling. Whisk vigorously until you have a smooth pudding like consistency. Add vanilla, rum, butter and cream, mix well.
4. In a bowl, transfer the mixture, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.
5. Use this pastry cream to make delicious pastries.