- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Panamanian Rice and Pineapple Chicha Recipe Video
|Pineapple peel||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Medium|
|Simple syrup/Sugar and water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk/Regular milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
Calories 1019 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.1 mg
Sodium 276.9 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 236 g78.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.7 g106.8%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 16 g31.4%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 520.1%
Calcium 72% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan place the pineapple peel, rice and cinnamon stick.
2. Cover it with water and bring to a boil. Cook until the rice is softened. Let it cool down completely.
3. In the blender put the cooked rice and peel, puree.
4. Pass the juice through a sieve and strain into a bowl.
5. Add the milk, syrup, vanilla and nutmeg. Stir well and pour into a pitcher.
6. In a serving glass, serve the drink over ice.