- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Seared Pork Chops with Grapes and Red Wine Recipe Video
|Porkchop||5 Medium (1 inch pieces)|
|Ground sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted, halved|
|Beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 91.1 mg
Sodium 342.3 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 24 g48.5%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the pork chop and pat dry.
2. Season them with salt, pepper and ground sage.
3. In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add 1 teaspoon olive oil.
4. Put the pork chops and sear it till brown on both the sides. It takes around 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
5. To the same skillet, pour red wine and deglaze it.
6. Put the red grapes, beef broth, rosemary and cook for a few minutes.
7. Add the balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of butter and cook till it reduces to a syrup consistency. Turn off the heat.
8. On a serving plate, put 1 pork chop. Pour the grape sauce over it and serve with your choice of side dish.