- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Seared Fish with Citrus Butter Recipe Video
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||127 Gram, divided (1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Trout fillet||1 Large (with skin)|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 693 Calories from Fat 567
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g99.1%
Saturated Fat 33.7 g168.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.5 mg45.5%
Sodium 689.4 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 17 g34.4%
Vitamin A 56.1% Vitamin C 104.6%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prep the fish by removing all extra bones.
2. Season it with salt and white pepper. If the fish has skin, dust a little bit of flour on the skin.
3. In a small saucepan put the orange and lime juice.
4. Into a little bowl take the cornstarch and dissolve it with a little bit of the juice.
5. Add to the pan. Add the zests. Mix constantly until liquid starts to boil and thicken a bit.
6. Add the butter and stir until melted. Add the cilantro and set aside.
7. Heat a large skillet until really hot.
8. Add some olive oil to the very hot skillet. Place the fish in the skillet, skin side down.
9. Press fish down with a spatula so skin sears and sets. Put 1 tablespoon butter.
10. Cook for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an extra 4 minutes.
11. On a serving platter serve the fish drizzled with the prepared citrus butter.