- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Osso Bucco Recipe Video
|Veal shanks||4 Pound|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||3 Cup (48 tbs) (or veal stock)|
|Bouquet garni||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Fennel bulb||1 Medium|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 542 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 230.4 mg76.8%
Sodium 1011.5 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.2%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 65 g130.4%
Vitamin A 155% Vitamin C 62.6%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Julienne all the vegetables and set aside.
2) Season the veal shanks on both sides with salt and pepper.
2) In a deep heavy bottomed pan, heat oil, add the veal shanks and brown on both sides.
3) Pour in wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Add the stock and bouquet garni, adjusting heat to maintain a low simmer.
5) Cover the pan with aluminum foil pushing down in the middle to create an inverted tent. Cover with lid and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
6) Then place the vegetables on top of meat replace lid and simmer one hour more.
7) Serve in soup plates.
For more information please visit: legourmet for complete recipes, and more videos.