- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Make Multi-Mince - Part 1 Recipe Video
|For basic mince|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Lamb mince/Beef mince||500 Gram|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||400 Gram|
|Lamb stock/Beef stock||50 Gram, cubed|
|Fresh ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For italian mince|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green pesto sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tagliatelle||200 Gram (cooked)|
|Canned kidney bean||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Dash|
|For shepherd's pie|
|Mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (cooked)|
|Fresh mint leave/Mint sauce, horseradish sauce||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 1151 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.3%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.2 mg30.4%
Sodium 1128.1 mg47%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g55.2%
Dietary Fiber 21.6 g86.4%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 47 g94.3%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 110.1%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pan over medium heat, pour oil and add the onion. Stir occasionally until it softens.
2. Add the lamb mince to the pan and continue cooking it until the meat browns. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and lamb stock cube
3. Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes and then season with salt and pepper. If it is a little thick then stir in some hot water.
4. Recipe follows.
FOR ITALIAN MINCE
1. Add mushrooms to the basic mince when cooking onions.
2. Stir in the green pesto sauce at the end of cooking.
3. Serve the Italian Mince with cooked tagliatelle and grated parmesan cheese over the top of the mince.
1. Add chilies to the basic mince when cooking the onion. Add kidney beans, Tabasco sauce and stir well.
2. Serve the Chilli with some cooked basmati rice.
FOR SHEPHERD’S PIE
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C.
2. Add chopped mint to the basic mince when cooking the onion.
3. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with mashed potato. Bake at 200 degree C for 20-30 minutes.
4. Scoop the Shepherd's Pie into a serving bowl and serve with some green salad.