- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Migas - Mexican Eggs and Tortillas Recipe Video
|Eggs||5 , beaten|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Corn tortilla/Corn tortilla chips||3 , strips (1 inch x 3 inch strips)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Deciliter, grated|
|Green chili||3 Tablespoon, chop (ortega brand)|
|Yellow onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), mince|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1333 Calories from Fat 833
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g148.1%
Saturated Fat 29.7 g148.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1136.8 mg
Sodium 957.4 mg39.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 56 g112.4%
Vitamin A 50.8% Vitamin C 181.9%
Calcium 77.1% Iron 43.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFrying pan
1. Mince the yellow onion and chop the green chili
2. In a bowl crack eggs and beat it.
3. Cut the tortillas into 1 inch thick strips and cut them in half.
4. Heat up a frying pan pour olive oil and fry the tortillas until brown and crisp.
5. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
6. Drain the excess oil in a small bowl.
7. Pour the beaten eggs in the pan and add the fried tortillas, onion, chili and cheese.
8. Mix everything and scramble it completely and cook until the eggs are cooked.
9. Serve the hot migas immediately at breakfast.