- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Microdac Johnny Cake and Chicken Recipe Video
|Coconut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Low fat buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 212 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.8 mg
Sodium 661.5 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.24%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.3% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. JOHNNY CAKE: In a bowl, mix cheese, bread crumbs and self rising flour. Slowly pour the buttermilk and mix to dough like.
2. In a large pan, pour the coconut oil and heat it on medium high till hot.
3. Meanwhile, make small patties of the dough and set aside.
4. Once the oil is hot, place the patties carefully into it and fry them till evenly cooked and golden brown on both sides. Flip occasionally.
5. Transfer on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
6. Make the chicken as shown in the video.
7. In a serving plate, serve the cakes with the chicken hot and enjoy.