- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Meatloaf with Bread Crumbs Recipe Video
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Scallions (green and white)||6 Medium, chopped|
|White onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Mustard||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 468 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.2%
Saturated Fat 12 g60.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.5 mg
Sodium 502.1 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 23 g46.2%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 11.7%
Calcium 11% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl place the ground beef.
3. Add scallion, onion, mustard, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, cream, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and mix very well using clean hands.
4. In a baking pan, form a loaf with the meat. Glaze it with ketchup and place in the oven for 60 minutes.
5. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and glaze with another layer of ketchup.
6. Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, until it forms a nice crust.
7. Remove loaf to a cutting board, allow sitting for 10 minutes and cut into slices.
8. In a serving plate, serve the slices with potatoes and any steamed vegetable.