- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low-Crab and Fat-Free French Fries Recipe Video
|Turnip sticks/Fresh turnip||250 Gram, frozen|
|Non-stick cooking oil||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Herb salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 70 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 887.4 mg37%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 286.6% Vitamin C 176.7%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Line a baking tray with cookie sheet, and spray non-stick cooking oil on, just to protect the turnip pieces from sticking to it.
3. Place turnip sticks on cookie sheet. Season with sea salt and garlic powder and herb seasoning mix.
4. Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until tender inside and crispy on top.
5. Turn the fries after 10 minutes of cooking, so that they cook evenly.
6. Serve the Low-Carb Fat-Free French fries straight out of the oven with tomato sauce, or as a side to whatever you like your fries with.
You may also chop fresh turnip and use them instead of pre-cut frozen ones.
You may use any kind of seasoning, as per your choice.
The cooking time will vary depending on how thick the turnip pieces are cut.