- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Linguini with Sundried Tomato Pesto Recipe Video
|Sundried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (packed in oil)|
|Green olives/Kalamata olive||6 Ounce, pimentos removed|
|Lemon||1 , zested, juiced|
|Fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (one handful)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan||2 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.1 mg1.7%
Sodium 975.5 mg40.6%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g27%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 33.6%
Calcium 11% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, over high flame boil water.
2. Add salt and drop linguine noodles in it. Cook following the package directions.
3. Meanwhile, for pesto, in a food processor, add sun dried tomatoes, green olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
4. Pulse, and gradually pour extra virgin olive oil in it.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
6. In a large serving bowl, combine noodles and sauce. Toss well.
7. Ladle little paste water into the bowl to thicken the sauce. Mix.
8. Sprinkle grated Parmesan, and serve linguine hot.
If you are a non-vegetarian, add chicken or sausage to your linguine.