- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Linguine with Clams in Cream & Wine Sauce Recipe Video
|Whole wheat linguine pasta||12 Ounce, cooked|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Red chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Canned baby clams||20 Ounce, drained (2 cans)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 504 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.4%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.4 mg35.1%
Sodium 678.4 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 32% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta, drain and set aside.
2. Drain the baby clams from the cans and reserve the liquid.
3. In a large skillet melt the butter and add oil.
4. Put the garlic, parsley and chili flakes. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes or until fragrant.
5. Add the reserved clam liquid, the wine and the cream. Mix well and bring to a low simmer.
6. Stir occasionally and simmer for about 5 minutes.
7. Put the clams and heat them through.
8. Add the pasta and mix well. Season with black pepper and add the Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
9. In a serving plate or bowl, garnish with more cheese and serve the pasta with bread.