- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Poppyseed Garlic Chicken Salad Recipe Video
|Chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked, cut into bite size pieces|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juice extracted|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, finely sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne||2 Dash (Optional)|
Calories 2477 Calories from Fat 1569
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 174 g267.8%
Saturated Fat 49 g244.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 846.5 mg282.2%
Sodium 890.4 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 210 g420.9%
Vitamin A 45.4% Vitamin C 66.2%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 60.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, poppy seeds, and red bell pepper.
2. Drop celery, green onion, and garlic.
3. Add lemon juice, mayonnaise, and yogurt in the bowl.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle cayenne, if desired and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
6. Wrap chicken salad in tortilla or serve as it is.
If you do not have fresh garlic use a little bit of garlic powder.
Add lemon zest, if desired to add flavor.
You can also use leftover roasted chicken.
Add just enough mayonnaise and yogurt to coat chicken together.
Serve salad with pita, sandwich, or with crackers.